Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mysterious Reading Wallet - won't be saving my pennies for Disney anymore!

The Baby is increasingly mobile, and whilst I'm not complaining after OATie!! it's a full hands on challenge at all times.

Yesterday we decided to read Oatie's school books at the rink, between the arena and the car park, the folder was presumed missing as when we got home, neither I, my eldest son, my husband or I could find it in the car.... not there all day, I checked in full sunlight this morning!!!

After school... TahDah!!! it was back in the trunk!?! I'm like how did it get here?

Well not complaining as now I don't have to replace $10 of books... just weird and i had people looking at the rec centre yesterday and just so weird.

Oh and Disney have introduced a fastpass style thing for disabled people if they go to disney because of a few people abused the system.... We were saving up to go, but now, I don't think I want to.

Some people who have a disabled person in their life say how rosy it is.... well it isn't and it sucks and every day is a huge physical and mental challenge! There I have said it... luckily my blog isn't popular to get the wrath that some peoples blogs have got for saying it.

I would have preferred that Oatie wasn't handicapped... and that right now he would be a smelly hockey player (he loves hockey) than being in a wheelchair. I am not an ice hockey fan... grass.field hockey is what I played and loved.

But life does generally suck, whether its the not being able to all jump out the car like other families, or not being able to get to certain places, or having to push the wheelchair on a 20-40 minute detour because the path hasn't been approved or obviously built yet... or not being able to queue like other families in the theme parks.

So, THANK YOU DISNEY, YOU ARE ON MY BOTTOM PLACES TO GO, it was the one place that someone who is handicapped could feel like magic... and now it's just a place of torture...

Our own local theme park still operate the old Disney Method. on occassion they will make you wait a cycle, but they don't make you have the indignity of being treated like scum.

Apparently there have been at the new Disney system, wheelchairs are now in the queue because that is now where they are sent... only to be pulled out because it's not wheelchair friendly, then to be sent to the front, to then be accused of queue jumping to then be thrust back at the back of the line.... WTF!?! NO THANK YOU DISNEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...