Saturday, September 15, 2012

Still going strong now in Elmo's

Wow! Well Oatie is still going strong! He cried when the pull up's ripped, which they do by midday so today I decided to get out the Sesame street Elmo (REAL) underpants that he chose about 1 year ago!

So today he is wearing REAL Underpants, Elmo ones, he loves them and says how comfy they are and what he likes the most is how that they don't RIP! and how that they are comfortable.

His racetrack shaped chart that I drew and stuck to our magnetic board is going down a treat, his magnet is his car and each day he get closer and closer to his MarioKart game :) he is so happy, I'm so happy! Oatie is even dry at night!

So we agreed Diaper/Nappy at bed, Pull up's for school and Cotton REAL pants for home. He seems happy with that and when I'm confident that they will let Oatie get to the potty when he needs to go at School, then he can wear real pants at school too, but I'd rather he has a pull up on just in case so he doesn't suffer humiliation in front of his friends.

What's nice is that he's actually enjoying being clean and dry, and just so proud too:)

If you asked me a year ago if I thought he would be potty trained this time next year, I would have thought no...

So over 8 - 9 days of not one single accident, that I am hoping that Monday at school goes ok, it would be so sad as I think if he wets himself I think he will be devastated and very upset and yes.. on Monday he has a New Aide too! The other aide loved him which was really nice and she'll be back in 2 months. His new aide is a lady who already works at the school as a floating helper and for the time being while the other lady is having leave, she will look after Oatie. This lady like Oatie's current aide has know our daughter since she was 3 and she is really very nice too.

Such a difference being out of the preschool that was "hiring" one of their rooms to being an actual part of the school.

My eldest is coping really well with yet another change of school and really enjoying it and his new classmates some of whom he has skated with a few years back or danced with are in the same class and as it's a split class, my daughters friends from Preschool when she was in the preschool are in my eldest's class (my daughter was after the Feb cut off so ended up in the grade down), so far so good. My daughter is so glad to be back, I never thought I'd ever hear her say that but she loves the small school feel and seeing both her brothers all day around school in the hall, eating lunch with her big brother and getting to kiss her little brother in the playground on the cheek has made her so happy. Long may it continue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...