Sunday, August 12, 2012

Binoo

Binoo, has been a wonderful addition to our family. He has managed to make all the cats LOVE him... and the person who loves him the most is... Oatie...

He's so thrilled to get his very own pet... we thought that way he could learn responsibility before his service dog arrived.

Oatie's new walkers arrived one for school and one for home... and his Wheelchair is arriving at the end of the month too.  The Wheelchair is for the bus and I wanted someway for him to get out of a building if it was on fire... at least this way he can be put in his chair and wheeled out.

Also he can propel himself... so maybe we might use it shopping and then he can have the independence that he craves... but without the walker.

I try to limit his use of the walker as I feel it does go against the ABR that I do on him... so it's a delicate balance of letting him walk over feeling like you've undone this mornings session if you know what I mean.  So I keep it in the car and then we gauge how much walking there is to do..  if I leave it in the car then he knows that I haven't taken it away from him and then he feels it's his choice not to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...