Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Wrong Trousers - I hope I'm not Wallace, I have do have a Gromit & Shaun!

 Oatie at Preschool using Scissors...  I was very impressed, and taken back, I didn't realise he could use scissors like that!

Oatie using Scissors today...



The Wrong Trousers?

MySpace Graphics
I love GROMIT xxx


I hope I am NOT Wallace, but I had/have to be creative with Oatie's Trousers/Pants... as "normal" ones don't last at all.

Today Oatie's trouser prototype "1" bit the dust. It served well it lasted 9 months well I did make a few pairs so that's not bad going.

Trackpants, I cut and resewn to be CP Friendly for Oatie
Until now, I got his existing pants and rehashed them. Like I'd cut the seams off, and pretty much remake them adding the hard wearing material in the front. I learned that it was best to bind the edge of the patches before sewing them to the hard wearing fabric. This time, I've decided to make them up from scratch. It's more work than making them up from scratch. I'm not doing ribbed cuffs as I'd like to have a hem for growing room. In principle I like them, my daughter chose the blue fabric, I might buy some black fabric to mix it up.

So "normal pants/trousers" are wrong for Oatie for a brand-new pair of jogging bottoms/tracksuit trousers, Oatie can wear the knees through in 3 days. I could also use a pair of those trousers featured in Wallace and Gromit, it would be perfect for getting Oatie around. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop 

I'll be making him some new ones very soon, which reminds me to prewash the fabric, so I had better go and put a wash on.

If you click on the photo you can see the black patches on the knee- thigh, the ankle cuffed ones ride up like that.


Today we did 2.5 hours of Manual ABR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...